View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #43
cdjkssss
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsabby518 View Post
Oh no, I just bought a skein of homespun...it was on clearance. The bobbles do scare me a bit. I have a bulky white yarn that I have been using for the 'fur' part on a santa hat, thank goodness I only use it for the last round of the hat. It's so bulky and furry, I don't think I could find my stitches to do a second row! LOL
Don't be afraid of it - you might love it. My personal preference is for interesting stitch patterns, which are just wasted with a nubby yarn like Homespun. And the nubby parts just catch on each other as the loops slide in crochet. I'm also a very fast crocheter, too, which could be part of the problem. I really get the loops moving when I'm working, and then the yarn gets all tangled, which causes me to say many bad words that I shouldn't say in front of my children. Plenty of people love to work with Homespun, so try it and see what you think!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!