Originally Posted by Momofoneson
I sold my cricut expression and all the carts to a school out west and bought the slice. It's the best thing I did. I love it. Can't say enough about it.
1) It doesn't take up the entire desk
2) Cuts like butter and I love the reusable glass mat, I have both the 6x6 and the 12x12
3) Love the designs, especially the cute owls, and the fonts are wonderful
4) You don't have to push a million buttons to get it to do what you want
5) The cards are relatively inexpensive. You don't have to wait a year so the cards come down in price like the cricut
Cons: Can't use a 40 percent off coupon but you can buy on ebay and get the cards relatively inexpensive. There's only 1 more card I want so far, I have many. I want vintage findings.
I just bought vintage finding and it is a GREAT card! I also bought the Mistletoe but haven't even opened that one yet since I have been playing with vintage.
Oh My Crafts has had some good prices, with an additional 20 percent off, and reasonable shipping. I combined my order with a friend and then we shared the shipping.
Love my slice, my little crafting are just won't allow for anything larger, and I am using the shapes to make all of my own embellishments for cards, as well as words/sayings.
For the price and ease of use, nothing compares to the slice. Having said that the one drawback is that some of the shapes are still a bit wonky, especially when cut small, but with the new calibration that problem is not near as bad as it was.