Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #39
Erin in Okc
Hardware Hotshot

I am a scrapbooker, and I LOVE my Slice! I actually sold my Cricut, because I never pulled it out. Yet, my Slice stays on my table, and is used all the time.

Here are my best tips (some aren't on the whyslice website):
1. I use the glue, but I cover it with wax paper when I'm not using it. I've kept one application more than a month doing that.
2. I definitely prefer the 12 X 12 glass mat. Even for small stuff. It just helps me conserve the paper better.
3. PLUG IT IN!!! I can't tell you how many problems this will save you. When I'm at a crop I plug it in across the room somewhere, then bring it to me when I need to cut things. The charge only holds for an hour, and when the charge is weak, it doesn't work right.
4. Google "lil' chizler" and buy a bunch of these little things and give them to your friends. I prefer it to the spatula. I've had one for a long time, and just googled it the other day. They are $5 for ten chizlers. I love them!
5. If your paper moves while your Slice is trying to cut, you need to clean your mat and apply a new coat of glue.
6. If your machine goes through the motions of cutting, but the blade comes down and goes back up into the machine...don't ALWAYS do what the manufacturer says! It says tighten it all the way, then loosen it 1/4 turn, then try a cut, loosening 1/4 turn each time until it cuts. I did this until the blade fell out. Finally I tried tightening it all they way, and a cut BEFORE turning it 1/4 turn. Worked like a charm. I don't think I've adjusted the blade since then.
I love my Slice!