View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:34 AM   #10
good_day1214
Matboard Maniac

I've been crocheting since early this year after taking a class at a local college. I'm finding that I'm now tending to grab the hooks and yarn instead of stamping **GASP**
Since I don't have a dedicated stamping space, it's so much easier to grab my bag of yarn, curl up on the couch, and not even realize that an hour or two have passed by. It's when my bones and joints are creaking trying to get off the couch do I know that I've been sitting for too darn long!

I've only relegated myself to washcloths and squares. Gave me a chance to try different stitches and practice getting an even tension. Gauge? I'm avoiding that for now... gives me a headache trying to think about it! I did tackle my very first project, a baby blanket for my goddaughter. It took me two months and I ended up not giving it to her since I didn't like how it turned out. How I weaved in the ends made it look sloppy. I'm creating another one and hope to have it done for Xmas. I may need to reach out to some crocheting sisters here for tips on proper weaving techniques. Can't I just knot those things together?? LOL!

Shelley, LOVE the wristies you made, May need to add that patten to my growing stash of projects to try.

frosted_gorilla, your bunny blankets are so CUTE!

cdjkssss, I didn't know there were charity groups that accepted squares. I'll have to keep that in mind when I have left over yarn.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!