View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC245 Double Embossing or Blank Embossing (you decide) {11/2/09}

First I'd like to thank MariLynn for hosting the challenge last week. She did a fantastic job and it looks like everyone enjoyed her challenge tremendously! THANKS MariLynn!!!

While cruising the Internet for a technique to share with you all I ran across something from January and while some of you may already be doing this, some of you may find it interesting and want to add it to your repertoire of crafting abilities. It's called Double Embossing and NILDA ROCKENBACH did a wonderful video tutorial that explains the process perfectly. I called this technique Double Embossing or Blank Embossing for a reason; I didn't want to limit this challenge to only those who had nestabilities because this "blank embossing" piece of this technique can be used alone and as a way to emboss a card front, leaving a blank area for stamping or some other type of focal embellishment.

The items that you will need for the technique are:
Cuttlebug (I tried this technique using my Wizard and couldn't get the same results so I went out and bought a Cuttlebug...lol)
Two pieces of thin chipboard the size of your embossing folder
Adhesive
Nestabilities dies or similar way to cut an opening in the center of your chipboard
Cardstock
Embossing Folder

Once you have gathered your supplies, check out Nilda's video HERE. (At posting time, this video was not functioning properly so HERE is an alternative location to find instructions) If you do the technique exactly as Nilda has outlined it in her video, then it would be Double Embossing as you embossing once with the Cuttlebug folder, leaving a blank space for stamping, and again to give definition to the blank space by embossing again with the nestability die. If you do the first part of Nilda's video, where you emboss your card front, leaving a blank space for your stamping or focal images, then it ceases to be Double Embossing and becomes Blank Embossing. Does that make sense? It's sort of a two-for-one type of challenge today. Whatever you call it, be sure to call it TLC245 (HA!)

I hope you will give it a try, and for those who do not have a cuttlebug, but utilize another type of embossing machine, I'd love to hear about your results, and if you had to make any modifications to the original instructions to achieve the same results.

To see my sample, CLICK HERE

To see the gallery of Double Embossing/Blank Embossing projects, CLICK HERE

And don't forget...add the keyword TLC245 (no spaces) when you upload your project so that we can all enjoy your awesome creations!

Hint for next week: Break out the Glimmer Mist (or improvise and just use color by making up your own mixture of reinkers and water in a mini mister.)

Last edited by Lynn in St. Louis; 11-02-2009 at 03:46 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!