View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
jenlovecopic
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadgeRPh View Post
I have searched the gazillion Copic threads and I apologize for starting another. I have finally decided to take the Copic plunge. My first dilemma was which ones. I think I have decided on the Sketch markers. I do have a few Copic Ciaos and I have not been bowled over by them

Second was price. Oozark.com seems to have the best pricing but many items are out of stock.

But I am completely bewildered and overwhelmed by the color choices. I like the way Flourishes has gropued them into families and that might be a possibility.

Are there certain colors to start with or should I just choose individual colors that I like?

Please help!!!!
If 144 colors is enough for one collection and you're on a budget the best way is to go with the Ciao. I love the color selection so I personally like Copic Sketch (334 colors).

Price - I shop at dickblick.com, iCopic.com, & eclecticpaperie.com - just like you ooz have to many out of stock colors and I like to shop at a store that have everything I need "IN STOCK"

How to choose the colors: I would suggest starting out with color that you usually use for your artwork. I like to color a lot of flower so i tend to buy a lot of green, brown, blue, red, orange, pink, violet, & gray. But I only buy 2 or 3 per color (different tone so you can blend them). A must have is your black and the colorless blender (ohhh boy..I love the colorless blender). Hope this help.

xoxo,
Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!