Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my cricut machine

I'm having some trouble with my cricut machine and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. The last time I used it I had no problems and now when I turn it on all the lights light up and it's like it's frozen or something. I can't get anything to work except the on and off buttom. I've tried unplugging it and letting it sit and then plugging it back in and trying again.....same thing, the lights on all functions show to be on but I can't turn any of them off, I can't get the load paper button to work and it won't let me choose the reset all button. Somehow I've to get all the lit up buttons to turn off before I can choose anything but I can't figure out how to do that. Is there another way to reset everything?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Somewhere on the cricut forum is instructions for resetting the machine. Something to do with holding in a button as you switch on but I can't remember enough to help, sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I was going to suggest the same thing. Over at the Cricut forum is the instruction on how to reset the machine. I don't have it down. Guess I should write it down somewhere. Post over at the board. We are pretty friendly over there and love to help.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

samiam77586.....With that kind of issue, I would give Provo a call and talk to Customer Service. They can talk you through the reset process and then determine if the machine is defective and needs to be replaced.

Make sure you have registered your machine, have the original receipt and that it's still within the year warrenty.

Provo Customer Service is very good. They replaced my machine twice with no hassel.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:50 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

You can try resetting the machine by doing the following:

Turn your machine off
One dial at a time, turn all 3 dials all the way up and all the way down (repeat 5 times each)
Turn you machine back on

I know this sounds pretty simplistic, but it works for a lot of things when the Cricut freezes! Hope it works for ya!!
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012-13 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #6  

Okay, this comes directly from Provo Craft. A little different that what I first suggested, but hopefully it will work:

If your machine freezes, experiences power problems, cutting issues, or anything out of the realm of normal Cricut behavior, this reset procedure is a good place to start the troubleshooting process. Nine times out of ten, this will resolve the issue:

- First, turn your machine on with no cartridge loaded. Then you are going to roll all your gray dials (the two on the left and the one on the right) down to their lowest setting.

- Then you will want to grasp the green/gold cylinder blade assembly and use it to pull the entire gray carriage car unit (the one with the Cricut bug on it) along its track to the other side of the machine. Back in the cave where the gray carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds. Let go and then move the gray carriage car back into place.

- This next step will sound a bit odd, but many times it can fix your little "bug". You're going to roll all your dials all the way up and all the way down three times--three times for each dial.

- Then you are going to hit the "Cut" button and turn the machine off. Let the machine sit for a few minutes (15-20), load a cartridge, turn it on, and try a practice cut.

If this does not solve your problem, give us a call toll free at 1-877-727-4288 7am to 6pm MST Mon-Fri (make sure you are by your machine) and someone here will walk you through some troubleshooting tips and determine if a replacement machine is needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Darn it Wendy beat me to it, lol. I am over at the board right now and just found it for you. I came running over here to post. Let us know if it works.

If you need to call them call early in the morning. They open around 10a.m. There are a lot of problems with Gypsy right now so a lot of people are calling. Be patient and keep calling. If you get somebody who won't help, call again. Don't give up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Subbing, just in case I need to reboot my CE. TFS info ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

You guys are great!

I'm on nights right now so when I get home in the morning I'll try the suggestions and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed.

Unfortunately I bought my machine on ebay and am really bad about not keeping receipts. I also did not register my machine. Is there a time limit as to when you can do this. I think I've had it less than 6 months.

I have not tried to call ProvoCraft but I did email them and receive an email letting me know that they received it and have assigned a number to me. They said I should hear back within 3 days. Wouldn't it be great if when I heard from them I could say everything is fixed and working well. That's my plan!

Thanks again for all the help and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

samiam77586......There is a 12 month warrenty on the Cricut and Expression machines. It is to your advantage to register it as soon as you get it. But you can register it anytime within the first 12 months. Yes, you would need your original receipt if you had a problem. The warrenty starts the date you purchased the machine.

I would suggest calling Provo, their Customer Service is great. I feel talking to a live breathing person is much faster than e-mailing.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Ok, I tried the suggestions to no avail. I do think I've noticed something though. When I went to rotate the size dial on the right hand side 3 times all the way up and all the way down, I realized that it actually has no stopping or starting point. In other words it just free turns continuously as your turning it. Honestly I don't remember what it did before when it worked. Like I said I've only used the machine a hand full of times. I do know though that I did adjust my sizes and it worked I just can't remember if the dial turned all the way or had an actual up and down limit. Make sense?

So, is it suppose to have a limit on that dial? If so at least when I call them I can give them this info. It might help.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Do you know the vendor you bought your Cricut from on ebay? I think if you look in your ebay account you will be able to find the name. Maybe contacting them to get the purchase date (don't know if this info is available on your ebay account) and a reprint of your receipt will help when you contact Provocraft.

Good luck.

P.S. Should have checked my ebay account before typing the above response. I looked at my ebay account history of purchases (or some title like that) and can see 'Transaction Details'. It included seller's name, email address and phone number, date, cost and more. You can also print out this info as a receipt to keep with your Cricut info.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 10-25-2009 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by samiam77586View Post
Ok, I tried the suggestions to no avail. I do think I've noticed something though. When I went to rotate the size dial on the right hand side 3 times all the way up and all the way down, I realized that it actually has no stopping or starting point. In other words it just free turns continuously as your turning it. Honestly I don't remember what it did before when it worked. Like I said I've only used the machine a hand full of times. I do know though that I did adjust my sizes and it worked I just can't remember if the dial turned all the way or had an actual up and down limit. Make sense?

So, is it suppose to have a limit on that dial? If so at least when I call them I can give them this info. It might help.

Thanks.
No, it's not supposed to do that. Something is broke inside. The Baby Bug all the knobs stop. The Cricut expressions speed and pressure stops but size does keep going around. I think you have the Baby Bug and not the Expressions?

I just tried the knobs on both my Cricuts for you. I hope that helps a bit.

I think something got knocked loose on the side. PC will help you with the Cricut even if you got it off Ebay and have not registered it yet. They are pretty good about those things.

Keep us updated.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I do have the expression so I guess the knob is doing what's it's suppose to. I've still been on nights so haven't had a chance to call but I'll try and get it done tomorrow. I'll keep ya updated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Good News!! It's working again. After I tried the reset the other day it still didn't work. Then I tried turning it on again the next day just hoping, I guess. I was going to call them this morning but thought I'd check and see if they had answered my email first and sure enough they had. They suggested the same reset procedures Wendy gave me so I thought before I called them I'd try it one more time. When I turned my machine on to try the reset everything was back to normal. Maybe my machine needed a couple of days to catch up after the reset instead of the 20 or so minutes. lol. Whatever did it I'm thrilled! I've been using it and it's working like a charm.

I can't thank ya'll enough for all the encouragement and help I just wished I'd thought of asking ya'll earlier. Next time I'll know to come to the experts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #16  

Quote:

Originally Posted by samiam77586View Post
Good News!! It's working again. After I tried the reset the other day it still didn't work. Then I tried turning it on again the next day just hoping, I guess. I was going to call them this morning but thought I'd check and see if they had answered my email first and sure enough they had. They suggested the same reset procedures Wendy gave me so I thought before I called them I'd try it one more time. When I turned my machine on to try the reset everything was back to normal. Maybe my machine needed a couple of days to catch up after the reset instead of the 20 or so minutes. lol. Whatever did it I'm thrilled! I've been using it and it's working like a charm.

I can't thank ya'll enough for all the encouragement and help I just wished I'd thought of asking ya'll earlier. Next time I'll know to come to the experts!
Wahooooo for you!! Now it's time to PLAY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

I am so glad you got it to work. Wonky Cricuts, lol. I love mine and want to throttle it on some days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I am so glad you got it to work. Wonky Cricuts, lol. I love mine and want to throttle it on some days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Wonky MB too I keep getting double posts. Sorry, everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default All Features Keys Frozen

Help.... Anyone experienced this issue with the Personal Electronic Cutter. I turned my Cricuit on to use today and all the Feature Key are lit up and I cannot unlock them...I tried to take it off shift lock, press the clear display, reset all. I tried the reset option posted on the Cricuit website and still nothing. Any Suggestions???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was trying to find a solution to my new Cricut going crazy. I copy, pasted and print the directions and will try them first thing in the morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Need a little help here. Unhappy with the way my Cricut cuts smaller images. The edges are ragged and overcut and I've adjusted settings till I don't know what to do anymore. Help???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Some images just plain don't sit well with the Cricut...how small exactly are you trying to cut?

Sometimes, a new mat and a new blade makes all the difference in the world...

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes