Originally Posted by chris bjornstedt
OK, really dumb question (I feel like such a retard) which side is the "cutting side?" I managed to emposs my spacer place with a cute Nestie rectangle...somehow I don't think I was supposed to do that! So...on one side there's a sort of a raised ridge and the other side is smooth. Which cuts? I thought it was the smooth side. If you're here & you can answer, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Chris
Looks like you got something figured out! (Hooray!) The cutting side is the side with the ridge, btw (and NO it is NOT a dumb question!)!!
Here are the "official rules" on how to cut/emboss using the Sizzix press. I pulled this info directly from the Spellbinders Compatibility Guide (written by the folks at Spellbinders):
Original Sizzix® Press
Ellison® manufactures the Sizzix® System Converter. You will need to use the system converter along with Spellbinders Spacer Plate and Tan Embossing Mat (Item# W 020) to cut and emboss Spellbinders Dies.
How-To Cut Spellbinders Dies in the Sizzix® Machine:
1. Place the Sizzix® System Converter into the Sizzix® Machine.
2. On the Cutting Pad, place paper to be cut, then Spellbinders Die, ridges down.
3. Place the Spellbinders Spacer Plate (Item# W 004) over the Spellbinders Die.
4. Use a 12x6 piece of cardstock and tri fold to use as a shim.
Place shim on top of Spellbinders Spacer Plate. 5. Push through Sizzix® Machine to cut.
How-To Emboss Spellbinders Dies in the Sizzix® Machine:
1. After Cutting Die in Sizzix® Machine, remove paper shim and spacer plate.
2. Leave paper die cut in the die.
3. Turn over Spellbinders Die, placing it on Sizzix® cut pad.
4. Place Spellbinders Tan Embossing Mat on top of Spellbinders Die.
5. Place paper shim on top of Tan Embossing Mat.
6. Push through Sizzix® Machine to emboss the Spellbinders Die.
Enjoy Spellbinders embossed die cut! NOTE: It may take several presses to cut larger Spellbinders Dies.
Glad that you and Nikki were able to put your heads together and find something that works as well! Feel free to p/m me if you have any additional questions, though ...
BTW, here is the link to the pdf file that has ALL the sandwich stacks for EVERY machine:
Spellbinders Compatibility Guide