View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #2431
lynnewithane
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincz View Post
I have to laugh at this little fiasco...something similar happened at my house - my son brought a few of his friends over to visit (I was at work) and decided to help themselves to the cocoa packets, candy corn, etc. which I had bought to fill the bags for a show the NEXT day...needless to say, he heard about it and ended up raking my lawn to help pay off his 'debt' - I couldn't believe how much stuff 8 young men could woof down
carole
Whenever my Mom bought things she didn't want us 5 kids to get into, she would draw a skull and crossbones on them, saying "Keep Out". I can't draw, but I use her idea whenever I buy stuff that can't be touched.
Of course, that doesn't work for the dogs. Our dog will eat anything. My daughter had a goodie bag from a birthday party in her room. The dog got in and at all the chocolate. Now we keep all of the doors closed. He usually stays in the family room, behind a baby gate. Sometimes he figures out how to sneak out, and knows that we keep the doggie treats in the spare bathroom down there. I once found him by the back door with an empty bag of the primo doggie treats, licking his lips, next to an empty bag. The look on his face........Now we have to keep the bathroom door closed as well. Basically, all doors are closed.
A few years ago, I had some grapes that didn't look good enough to eat. I threw them out in the back yard for the birds. To my surprise, I looked out back and saw the dog sniffing out, and eating all of the grapes! Now anything for the birds goes on the other side of the fence. Those doggone dogs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!