View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #2426
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicbead View Post
I did a show last fall, a spur of the moment thing at a nursing home. What a joke! I made several different kinds of ornaments, some wood working items and homemade cold/heating pads. The table was $5 and they advertised by putting a sign out front. I sold 1 thing at the very end of the day (rice filled heating pad). Profit was $3!! The only potential customers were the employees and a few residents. Not to mention a cute but confused resident kept "rearranging" my items for me most of the day! It was very discouraging but I think I will give it another try. All of you have given me hope!!
Yes, please don't let that disappointing one keep you from doing another craft fair. I did have to laugh about the resident rearranging your things. I could just see it.

I really think the best places to sell "papercraft" type items are at the church bazaars. There are lots of churches here that have them every year in Nov/Dec and have developed quite a following.

Try looking on Craigslist for your area under "events" and see if you can find some. The booth rents usually are from $25 to $50 for the larger ones.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!