View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #748
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Oh man. One more surgery tomorrow but it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I hope. The Docs are going to remove the original skin and tissue etc. on the inner side of the breast that they made and then stretch the good skin, muscle and tissue over and sew it to better skin etc. that is not dying. They were hopeful that the skin that was there from the mastectomy would live. To me, the original surgeon just sliced off the breast and saved no skin. So they closed what was left and made bets on whether the skin would survive.

Then during the Tram Flap surgery, they attached the stomach muscles (that was made into a breast) to that old and bad skin. I know they were hoping it would survive but they could have saved me this surgery if it just would have been removed. I guess there was a reason but I can't remember. Anyway, I will be sore again for a while but I want this to be the LAST time I have surgery. I am still scared a lot about recurrences but I need this original stuff to end.

I am tired. I have been fighting eye problems. The tissue and cells are torn over the cornea in my Horner's Syndrome eye and it has been very painful. It became infected and then transferred to the other eye. So steroids and antibiotics are helping. Mark probably has a torn Rotator Cuff and will need surgery. We are both tired of hospitals.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!