View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC240 - Foil Embossing {9/28/09}

This is going to be a fun and easy - and I do mean easy - technique today. It's called foil embossing and the supplies that you will need for this project are:

* Aluminium foil (my Mom used to call it tin foil, but I don't think they put in it) and should be found in any well stocked kitchen. You can crinkle it, hurts to chew on (the thought makes me cringe) and can even be made into a hat to ward off alien mind probes, but today we aren't going to do any of those things with it.
* Embossing folder or plate
* Some sort of embossing machine (Wizard, Cuttlebug, Big Shot, and I've even heard of people using a rolling pin, although I've never tried it)
* Cardstock
* Tape
* Alcohol inks (totally optional)

First you will need to decide on the size of the piece that you wish to emboss and cut your cardstock to that size. It's best to decide first so that you don't have to cut it down after the fact.

Wrap aluminium foil around your piece of cardstock, wrapping around the edges, securing the edges on the backside with tape. If you wish at this point, you can dab on alcohol inks to color your foil, or leave it the way it is for a silver look.

Run this through your Big Shot, Wizard, Cuttlebug or however you choose to use your embossing folder or plate.

Remove this piece and attach to your project.

NOTE: The reason behind using the cardstock as a base for your aluminium foil is to serve as a form so that when you mail your card, it won't be "smashed" in the mail.

Now just complete your card as desired.

To see my sample, CLICK HERE.

To view the gallery of foil projects, CLICK HERE.

Don't forget to add you keyword of TLC240 (no spaces)

Hint for next week: No out-of-the-ordinary supplies will be needed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!