View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #2542
Hoth2os
Watercolor Wizard

I haven't been here in awhile......

I have been taking a cooking class once a week just for fun. there is a local kitchen shop here that does them for free and they are awesome. She does most of her cooking in a pressure cooker. Now, my mom bought me one several years back but I have always been afraid to use it. I don't know why. Mom uses hers a few times a week and always brags about how the food tastes and how quick it is. My grandma used one all the time when my mom was growing up.

So.....the cooking class has been incredible and the food that she makes is out of this world.

I made beef stroganoff in the pressure cooker the other day and from start to finish......20 minutes! (except the homemade noodles and those take 3 mintues to make the dough, let it sit for 30 mintues and then it is quick and easy to run thru the pasta maker). My hubby and DS love it when I make fresh pasta.

This lady claims to be able to make an entire Thanksgiving meal to feed 30 people in an hour and a half. She charges $10 for that class and I can't wait for it!!! She even makes her turkey in a pressure cooker!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!