Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOV09VSNPRE~SEPT 25TH~DANCE LESSONS~MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

This thread will have all of the challenges posted for tonight's dance lessons challenges for your viewing convenience.

This thread will be locked to chat, however, each challenge will have a chat thread for your chatting pleasure

Enjoy what the Costume Designers have in store for you.

My Blog -- Shannon's Sentiments
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Crimping Master

Title: Chaconne - Dancing in Triple Time
Hostess: Yvonne ~Vonnie64~
Keyword: NOV09VSNPRE1
Day/Date: Friday, September 25/09
Time: 7:00 PM (EST)

I’m not much of a dancer. Oh I can bust a move for a short period of time and can do a mean Funky Chicken when the spirit moves me, but I definitely am lacking in any training and knowledge of the more refined and stately dances of a Masquerade ball. However, I’ve pulled my dance shoes out of the closet, cinched my corset up tightly (well, not too tightly! Muffin tops are NOT attractive!) and I’m ready to teach you the steps of the Chaconne. Well, not really, but I’ll give you a bit of an education about this dance. The Chaconne (pronounced sha kon) is a Baroque dance which originated as a dance-song in Latin America and was popular in Spain and Italy in the 17th century, with music in triple metre and in the major mode.
Here you can see a youtube video of a version of Chaconne being beautifully played.

Bonus points if you use a 'dance' embellishment on your card - stamp of a show or dress or music notes, etc.

So, in honour of this lovely dance in triple time, my challenge to you is to make a card following the tutorial for the Tri-Shutter Card. A wonderful tutorial is located here by Bonnie Szwalkiewicz. This is one error in the cutting directions in the tutorial that has been brought to my attention - in Step 6 you need 2 pieces cut 1 3/8 by 3 7/8 - not 1 7/8. If you don't have 12 x 12 paper, you can improvise with 8 1/2 by 11. Trish has graciously provided the revised scoring measurements - Using a 5 � x 10 � piece of cs you would score at 1 3/4, 3 1/2, 7, 8 �

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV09VSNPRE1 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

You can chat for this challenge here

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tri Shutter Anniversary.jpg (83.4 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Gingerbeary8; 09-25-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Private Dancer
Hostess: Shannon (Mrs. Mac)
Keyword: NOV09VSNPRE2
Day/Date: Friday, September 25, 2009
Time: 8:00 PM (EST)

I first want to share a few quotes with about dance that stuck a chord with me when I began researching ideas for this VSN.

"Poetry is to prose as dancing is to walking." ~John Wain

"Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room." ~Kurt Vonnegut

Or better yet......your studio!!! I know I often do, surrounded by all my favorite craft supplies. I just crank up the tunes and get my groove on. And then hope my neighbors can't see me dancing around like a fool thru the curtains at night. :-D
Some of my favorite supplies are my craft inks and my chalks. And I don't get them out nearly enough. So, my challenge to you is to bust out those chalks and craft inks while you're busting a groove to your latest playlist and work your artistry with the...[/COLOR]

Chalkboard Technique

You must also include a quote or saying on your project.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV09VSNPRE2, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

YOU CAN CHAT FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN Private Dancer Card Sample.jpg (102.9 KB, 61 views)

My Blog -- Shannon's Sentiments

Last edited by Gingerbeary8; 09-25-2009 at 04:04 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Title: THE HUSTLE
Hostess: Carol (Gingerbeary)
Keyword: NOV09VSNPRE3
Date: Friday, September 25, 2009
Time: 9:00PM (EST)

The Hustle became popular when "Saturday Night Fever� hit the scene in 1977 with a mixture of Latin and Swing, said to have come from Florida with a Cuban mix of salsa. Who can forget John Travolta lighting up the dance floor and the two sound tracks released with both Saturday Night Fever and Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.

The hustle dance steps are a rolling grapevine to the right for 4 counts, followed by a rolling grapevine to the left for 4 counts. Stop and stand in place and do the Travolta for 8 counts. (This is the classic John Travolta move with your left hand on your hip while the right moves from the upper right above the head to the lower left below the hip.) You can view the dance steps and listen to the music here.

So now that you know how to do the Hustle, the challenge will be to make a card with the following:

4 colors of your choice - Neutrals like white and black don't count - This is your rolling grapevine move to the right for 4 counts.

4 layers of your choice of card stock - for example you could do (a cardstock base with 3 designer papers), or (cardstock, 2 designer papers and ribbon). Use your imagination. You need four layers. � This is your rolling grapevine move to the left for 4 counts.

8 embellishments of your choice � your image can count as one plus any combination of brads, eyelets, rhinestones, flowers, leaves, die cuts, dry embossing, tags, frames, glitter, stickers, punches) I think you get the picture. Any combination that will add up to eight for the �John Travolta move will do!

Now go ahead and do the John Travolta move, you know your want to do it!!!
I can't wait to see what you come up with.
< Can you tell me another movie where John Travolta graced us with his dance moves-there were a few of them.....That guy can dance!!!>

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV09VSNPRE3 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
File Type: jpg DSCN1437.jpg (56.1 KB, 74 views)
Die Cut Diva

Title: "I wanna rock n' roll all night....and stamp everyday!"
Hostess: Trish ~strongcanadianbeauty~
Keyword: NOV09VSNPRE4
Day/Date: Friday, Sept 25th, 2009
Time: 10:00 PM (EST)

I absolutely love to dance!!! Back in the clubbing days you couldn't get me off the dance floor!!! I don't club anymore, haven't in years, but I still love to dance and wherever there is music, especially Classic Rock n' Roll, I will dance!! (even if it's in my van...seatbelt dance...oh ya!!)

Of course I love to stamp too!!! So for those who love to Rock and those who love to Stamp......

My challenge is……for you to make a card using the ROCK n' ROLL technique!!!!
Bonus points if you use a wheel to roll somewhere on your card....and/or something hard like a rock on your card...
Turn up whatever music you may be listening to and get those stamps rockin' and a rollin'!!! For those about to stamp, we salute you!!

< can you tell me what rock songs I've eluded to here in my challenge? >

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, Sept 27th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV09VSNPRE4 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rock n' Roll 1.jpg (45.8 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Mrs. Mac; 09-25-2009 at 06:03 PM..
Die Cut Diva

Title: GOOD LUCK KISS
Hostess: Cobi (lilorangemouse)
Keyword: NOV09VSNPRE5
Date: Friday, September 25, 2009
Time: 11:00PM (EST)

All the beautiful gowns ande the fancy masks, the mystery and the whole ballroom scene brings a real sense of romance to the guests at a Masquerade Ball. The sensory overload makes one's heart flutter with excitement!

And something else that makes my heart flutter is teenage chick flicks! Of course, when you put that together with Masquerade, there's a few out there. One of my favourites, though, is Just My Luck, starring Lindsay Lohan. Take a look at this trailer:

Utube Trailer for Just My Luck

It was the kiss at the Masquerade Bash that changed everything for the characters in the movie. So, with that in mind, my challenge to you is to create a card using the kissing technique.

You can use either of these tutorials for your card:

Kissing Technique

Kissing with a Twist

In the movie the kiss brought Good Luck, so you also need to have a sentiment on your card that wishes luck to someone, whether it be in the form of an actual "Good Luck" sentiment or something more like "Thoughts of You" or "Best Wishes."

Have fun! Can't wait to see your creations! And hear your kissing stories!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (NOV09VSNPRE5) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Go to the chat thread for this challenge HERE

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cobi 2963.JPG (95.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Cobi 2962.JPG (120.0 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by lilorangemouse; 09-25-2009 at 07:54 PM..