View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #745
SophieLaFontaine
Glitter Guru

Hi Samantha, so sorry about your pain! That sucks about your friends and sisters backing away. I hope you were able to get some sleep. And I'm glad that you still have the one sister and the few friends who have not backed away.

I think I agree with Kathy, that people back away 'cause they feel uneasy and awkward, and don't really know what to do??

How do you think they would respond if you dropped a casual "let's do lunch" email? Maybe they would "come back"?

Another thought I had was, they might be backing away 'cause they don't want to be a burden on your time? For example, they might think that if they ask you to do lunch, that it might be too hard on you??

I am just rambling as well, trying to find a not-hurtful explanation for their backing away. I am at a loss, and just feel bad for you.
Thank you all so much for all the cards for SCS member Ladybug91743 Marie-alice. She is done with chemo and surgery. She is done with radiation treatments too, and is now just focused on recovering. She loves the cards!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!