View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
FLScrapHappy
Pearl-ExPert

Default SWAP COMPLETE**Inspirational or Funny Tag Books 8 +1 Due 11/15/09

Well...with Round 1 and 2 completed let's do Round 3! These books are great gifts and have lots of uses (what do you get for the grandma who really doesn't need another bottle of bath crystals?)

I'm adding a new category though, because sometimes you just need to LAUGH. So....Here are the two groups:

INSPIRATIONAL TAG BOOKS
This swap is for tags that will contain uplifting, positive messages decorated with love (and maybe a little bling?) that can be placed in a ring book. Make 8 tags (+1 for hostess) for a total of 9 tags with the same design. You will get one of your own tags back. {You will end up with a cover and 7 inspirational pages and you can bind them with a ring to make a book}.

Messages can be from Bible scripture, famous people and philosophers, personal mottos, etc. The idea is that you have a book to look through in "one of those moments" and get re-focused on "the good stuff" or see a message that you really need right then.

OR

JUST FOR LAUGHS TAG BOOK

Join the group JUST FOR LAUGHS and create a set of tags with the same specifications as above, except use your funniest stamps, sayings, etc. (keep in clean and PG rated though so as not to offend!). These are the perfect gift for the girls you craft with, your best friend, or your sister!

These are the tags you pull out on those days when you just need to be reminded to either laugh at yourself (or maybe someone else) and smile.

Here are a few examples. Search in the gallery for additional examples.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=178777

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=178777

THE RULES:
**2 layers of good card stock

**NVR on everything

**at least 1 embellishment or special technique

**either a stamped or computer-generated inspirational message/saying.
No handwritten sayings please.

**It would be a good idea to "gently decorate" the back of your tag also.

** The tag size is 5 3/4 " x 3 3/4 ". Tags can have any top design as long as the tag meets the overall size dimension. If you use an eyelet at top of the tag, please be sure that it is large enough to put a ring through (at least a 1/4 inch diameter).

Please note that there is also a spot for someone to do the cover for the set. The cover design does not need to include a saying.

Mailing Instructions:
DUE IN MY MAILBOX DATE: November 15, 2009. (PLEASE MAIL SO THEY ARRIVE ON OR BEFORE THE 15th of NOVEMBER) All will be swapped out according to SCS policy. I DO report flakers, so please communicate with me if there is a problem and you won't be able to complete your commitment.

First Class:
Place swap in a plastic bag for safe traveling and easier swapping.
Include 2 extra postage stamps inside the plastic bag with your swap. Stamps will be returned to you if not needed. No metered strips please.

Include your real name, your SCS name, your mailing address, and the swap name on a piece of paper inside the baggie containing your swap.

Place your swap in a SASE (a padded envelope or bubble mailer will protect your artwork and embellishments). The postage on the SASE should be the same amount of postage it takes to send the swap to me.

If you want your spot sent priority back to you, just include the priority stamp and completed label in the bag and I'll get the envelopes.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Group 1--Inspirational FULL
Cover--Cloudia 11/12
1. StampinGoodDeeds (FIRST to sign up and ARRIVE!) rcv'd 10/8
2. Izzysmom 10/28
3. dropped--Iteachakyds will angel 11/18
4. missylangford1215 11/18

5. blubicon
6. dbridges 11/16
7. mwebber 11/9

Group 2--Inspirational
Cover--Iteachakyds 11/12
1. dbridges 11/16
2. StampinGoodDeeds rcv'd 10/8
3. missylangford1215 11/18
4.Iteachakyds 11/12
5. misti.stowell--dropped--Izzysmom will angel
6. mwebber 11/9
7. stampingwithlove--dropped--Annie's Pantry will angel

Group 1--Just For Fun FULL
Cover--Cloudia 11/12
1. StampinGoodDeeds (FIRST!) rcv'd 10/8
2. Izzysmom 10/28
3. dropped--Izzysmom will angel
4. misslangford1215 11/18
5. Sandi*S rcv'd 10/16
6. blubicon
7. Iteachakyds 11/12

Group 2--Just For Fun
Cover--StampinGoodDeeds rcv'd 10/8
1. iteachakyds 11/12
2. missylangford1215 11/18
3. misti.stowell--Izzysmom will angel
4. stampingwithlove--dropped--Izzysmom will angel
5. Vickie Y 11/6
6. izzysmom 10/28
7. Iteachakyds 11/12

I'll add more groups as people sign up!

Last edited by FLScrapHappy; 12-07-2009 at 04:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!