Hi challenge people. I'm posting a little later than normal this week, as it's Labor Day here in the US and, well, quite frankly, I slept in a little since I didn't have to go to work.
So...are you ready for a little fun? How about a little FUN FOAM? Last week I mentioned that you would need fun foam and an embossing folder, plate or impressionability...so I hope you have your supplies ready and are set to MYO (Make Your Own) Stamps the Fun Foam Way. You CAN
do this technique if you have some of the Clearsnap Moldable black foam tips, BUT
I really wanted everyone to be able to do this without that tool, and to be able to used items that we most likely already had in our craft room.
I saw this
great post by Kimberly Crawford and thought how cool it would be if I could use Fun Foam to make my own stamps from the embossing folders and texture plates that I have in my collection. Since Kimberly had created her stamp using the Spellbinders Impressabilities and Clearsnaps' Moldable black foam tips, I asked Kimberly to see if the same process would work with fun foam, and to my surprise and delight, it did. What a fun technique this will be and will open up so many possibilities.
Items you will need for this challenge:
Embossing folder, plate or Spellbinders Impressabilities
Die Cutting Machine (Wizard, Big Shot, Cuttlebug for example)
Double sided tape
Acrylic block to attach your newly made stamp, or you may use the wood side of a rubber stamp
Double Stick Tape for attaching your newly made stamp to the block
1. First cut your fun foam to the size of the stamp you want.
2. Place the fun foam inside the embossing folder or on the texture plate, and run through your die cutting machine of choice. Your sandwich recipe may vary depending on which machine you are using.
3. Remove the fun foam from the folder and select which side you want to use as your stamp. Because you will get an image on the front and the back of your fun foam, you get to choose which side looks best for your project.
4. Using your double sided tape (just regular double sided tape - not red liner) attached the fun foam to your block.
5. Ink 'er up and stamp away.
6. Now - complete your card as desired
IDEAS...maybe you have some fun foam shapes left over that you kids didn't use up. (I have a bucket full of Halloween shapes, for instance.) What fun it would be to use these, create an impression on them, and stamp away! It would be also cute to use your newly made stamp to ink up some paper or fabric flowers which would coordinate perfectly with your other image on your project.
To see what I've done with this technique, CLICK HERE
To view the gallery of projects using this technique you may CLICK HERE
As always, please remember to use the keyword TLC237
(No spaces) so your project can go into the gallery of the projects using this technique.
HINT FOR NEXT WEEK: You will need Glossy Accents, Crystal Effects, or something similar, wax paper & crayons!