View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #6
Wendybell
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Thanks for this!
My only question that I haven't been able to find the answer to, is how to cut & emboss in one pass (in the Cuttlebug)...from what I HAVE been able to find, the answer is "you can't." You need a different sandwich for cutting than for embossing, right? I do get some slight embossing at times, but not real visible.
Oh, and whether any of the scallop circles works with the SU scallop punch...in my experiments, none of them are really the correct size (either a tad too much showing, or not enough) but I don't have all of the sets. I got the EK Success 2" punch from JoAnn, as someone had suggested that; but to me it's a tad too small. It works but I'd prefer a little more showing.
If you have a way of doing these, do share! TIA!
The answer to that is that you can . . . sort of! Depending on the cardstock you use (thickness DOES affect how it works), you can sometimes see a little bit of the embossing on the edges with one pass. The whole beauty of these dies, though, is that you can choose to either just cut, just emboss, or do them both!! If it cut AND embossed every single time you ran it through with one pass, you would be eliminating the option to either just cut, or just emboss . . .

You could try adding a cardstock "shim" in the CB embossing sandwich . . . that might add just enough pressure to give you a little more of an emboss . . .
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!