View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Duckwaddlequack
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Arrow Photo Challenge #46 ~ Shadow Play {8-9-09}

Howdy ya'll! I was thinking it might be fun and interesting to do some shadow chasing! Way back at the beginning of the challenges we did silhouettes but we have yet to really play around with shadows. Silhouettes and shadows are two different but somewhat similar ways to use light in photography. We all know that lighting is a major factor in pictures and shadows can add more depth and character to a shot. Be on the lookout for objects casting unique shadows or things within the shadows and the shadows themselves. Good luck!

For a refesher on or to post silhouettes, here's the thread for them -PC #5: Silhouettes

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!
~ Again - HAVE FUN!

Here's just a simple one - tree and it's shadow in our backyard. The second one doesn't have the best focus but I really like it. It's my parents and I leaning over a bridge at a local park when they visited a few months back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tree shadow md.JPG (188.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg shadow bridge Mar 23 sm.JPG (49.4 KB, 57 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!