View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #20
stampencamper
Hardware Hotshot

Default copic paper

I'm just getting into copics also. I did order the copic paper, which seems smoother to color on, though much lighter in weight then any cardstock. But could be used when layering. To me it takes getting used to so much bleeding of copics, so may experiement more with the copics paper when layering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
I was told in my copic class - and it was taught by a certified copic teacher who was trained by Marianne Walker that copics are supposed to bleed through the paper - otherwise you aren't colouring correctly such that you can blend. I was told to use wax paper underneath my cardstock so that the copics didn't stain my table due to the the bleedthrough, I use Neenah solar crest white, and I like it quite well. The LSS that I took my copic class at has some sort of copic paper that is even better - more bleed through but easer to blend. I don't know what kind of paper it is though.

SU Whisper white is no good with copics - to much seepage of the ink from one area to the other - and it has a coating on it that makes it great for gamsol magic - but not for copics. HTP.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!