View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #2166
Josephsmom04
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
Hehe... I've been craving one and Gigi asked me to buy bananas. (The girl does NOT eat fruit, so if she wants bananas, I'll make a special trip!) I know we can never eat the bananas before they turn brown (and I like them more when they are just barely ripe than when they get brown. ick.) So I figured I'd whip up a pie. So easy. Just a graham cracker crust (and I had a box of crumbs already) and two sliced up bananas over the crust. Then pour in two boxes of vanilla pudding (two mixes with 2 3/4 c milk) and cover it with whipped cream. It's almost embarassingly easy. I took lots of photos of it. LOL.
THat is an easy recipe!!!

I make my own from scratch more of a cream pie the only part I cheat on is the crust (store bought graham cracker):

4 eggs (seperated)
3/4 sugar
1/4 cup corn starch or 1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 tbsp butter or marg.
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine
sugar and cornstarch in a sauce pan gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir (contiuious) over med. high heat until thickened and bubbly. cook and stir for two mins more. Remove from heat. slightly beat egg yolks with a rotery beater or fork. Gradually stir in about 1 cup of the HOT FILLING INTO the yolks. Pour egg mixture into hot filling in pan. Bring to gentle boil. Cook and stir for two mins more. Remove from heat and add butter/ marg. and vanilla.

Pour warm filling over sliced bananas into the pie shell.

I've also got a recipe for the meringue to go on top but we are just plain pie eaters- no whipped cream no meringue.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!