View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #1860
pantala40
Kookie Creator

Hello Ladies! Wanted to post here as I just had a HUGE fair last week in Falmouth, MA (Cape Cod). It was giant - and very overwhelming. I'm glad I did it - I definitely made a profit - but I will most likely be sticking to smaller fairs going forward!

Anyway, here are some of my notes from the fair. You can find lots of Photos of my booth & product on my blog:

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/?p=573

Here is a C&P from my blog, with a little more info added in:
  • Biggest Selling Items: Laminated Bookmarks, Altered Binder Clips, Jumbo Clothespins, Altered Composition Notebooks, Post-It Note Holders (always a fave!)
  • Those wire display racks that you see were a new thing for me this time around! They are actually closet organizer shelves that I bought at Lowes in the Home Organization section. They are standing on end. I attached them to each other with tie-wraps -and then I secured them to the tables using bungee cords underneath. Neat, huh?
  • The black backing to my display racks was simply a flat black sheet that I got at Walmart for $3. I simply attached to the back of the rack using mini binder clips. So easy & cheap. I thought it gave the booth a nice finished look.
  • Lots of requests for stuff with Ladybugs on them. I think they are all the rage right now? I wrote that one down!
  • People LOVE those altered composition Notebooks. Weird huh? I think they make a great little gift for a kid - lots of people mentioned they wanted to get them for their children to draw or write in. I will def. be making lots more of these.
  • I wish I had made more door hangers. People liked these a lot too.

For copyright issues - I simply printed a bunch of labels out. All the labels said "Kerry's Paper Crafts", then my website URL - and then the appropriate Copyright was noted. For ex: Copyright Stampin Up! or Hero Arts, Stamping Bella, etc. - this was a great way for me to get my name on something & comply with Angel Policies. I adhered these to the backs & under-side of all my items.

People were VERY interested in things for their kids. In fact, I was definitely a "kid friendly booth"!! I think they were attracted to the bright colorful items - and of course, my prices were lower than most other vendors at this fair. (there were many high end vendors at this fair). Many parents said to me "It's nice to have a booth where I can get my kids a little something & not break the bank - esp. in this economy". So I thought that was a good thing!

As I stated - lots of requests for Ladybugs. Apparently they are a HOT thing at the moment!

My booth setup was definitely a step up this year. I used much more height than last years fairs and it worked out - I had much more room on the tables to display stuff.

I'm sure I am leaving some details out, so leave me a comment on my blog or PM me for more info if you have any questions. Thanks!

I now have to focus on my 2 upcoming fairs for this fall!! LOL!!