View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #721
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualyvonne View Post
Iím sorry youíre having debilitating pain again, Sammie. Did the doctor give you any idea how long it takes nerve endings to heal? It might make it easier to bear if you had a general idea of when you could expect some relief.

Congrats on doing so well prior to this setback. Hoping your nerve endings heal in record time and you can enjoy your upcoming trip.

And you, Miss Samantha, are most certainly not a sissy!
No, he didn't say how long to heal. Today I really needed to test myself and talked Mark into letting me go to the grocery store myself. I drove but it is only 3 blocks away. I barely got in to door and I was holding onto the cart when the pain came and I grabbed really tight and kind of bent over. Then of course, I went into a MAJOR hot flash and sweat was literally running down my face.

A nice lady asked if I was OK and what could she do. I told her I was fine and thanked her. I don't think she believed me I guess and went and got a store employee who came over and asked me to come and sit down. I tried to tell him that I would be OK in a few minutes. And I was. But I guess I scared a few people. But other than that I think I did fine. A little slow but fine.

I am trying to think positive and I will get through this. I really want to go to Portland and will use mind over matter to get there.

When you talk to a doctor and they say "I wouldn't worry about that if I were you", I want to say "I wouldn't worry about it either if you had it"

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!