LSC226 – Chinese Take Out
Ya know how when you order Chinese Take Out that you basically get to order a la carte?? Well, THAT’S what we are doing with today’s challenge. I am giving you three “menus” below, and your challenge is to pick one item from each menu, then combine them to make your card!!
Oh!! And before I forget . . . we are keeping to a “masculine” theme as well . . . cards for little guys, cards for big guys . . . let’s hear it for the boys!! No girly stuff!! (That would be lace borders, frilly ribbon, etc.)
Menu #1 – Images (just pick one item from each menu!)
1. Planes, Trains, & Automobiles – basically anything with locomotion (this would include boats, too!)
2. Non-floral Nature
3. Neutral Images (stuff that isn’t girly, for sure) . . . I used a clock . . .
Menu #2 – Color Schemes (are ya still with me, friends??)
Menu #3 – Embellishments (this is where it can get tricky!)
1. Ribbon & Brads OR Eyelets (tie masculine KNOTS instead of girly BOWS)
2. Diecuts/Punches & Embossing Folders/Texture Plates
3. Natural Fibers & Hardware (hodpodge, charms, etc.)
(Watch those AND's and OR's in the embellishments!)
Sayonara and good luck!!
Here are my samples:
Choo Choo in Red & Blue
Time to Get Better
And here is one from Karen (imastampin), as she is the one who helped inspire me with this idea today!
Take Out Menu Tree
You now have examples using EVERYTHING on each list . . . can't wait to see what y'all come up with!!
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.