View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC225 Faux Handmade Paper {6/15/09}

Hello all – I trust you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a fun technique. We all love the look of handmade paper – the colors and textures are outstanding and when we buy these papers we almost hate to cut them up to use because they are just so awesome. Well, I want to share a technique with you that will show you a way to make Faux Handmade Paper – in any color you need. I first learned about this technique from Pat Huntoon and her Technique Junkies Newsletter about a year ago.

For today’s technique you will need:

Cardstock – 4-1/4” X 5-1/2” – Light colored cardstock works best
Rubber gloves (if you don’t want to mess up your hands and ruin your manicure)
Wax Paper
2 or 3 complimenting colors of acrylic paints (any brand will do)
1 color Metallic acrylic paint – gold, silver or copper
And the most important supply – toilet tissue – yes we are really going to squeeze the Charmin today! HA!

• Cover your work space so that you don’t accidently get acrylic paints on your work surface.

• Tear off a section of wax paper and apply a quarter sized amount of each of your paint colors on the wax paper.

• Wad up the sections of toilet paper (enough that you can use it as a dauber) and dip it into your lightest color of paint.

• Use a pouncing motion, dab your first color onto your cardstock being sure to leave space for your other colors. You will notice that as you work, tiny bits of the toilet tissue will come off and stay on your cardstock. THIS IS GOOD – it will give your project that look of handmade paper.

• Using the same piece of toilet tissue move to your next color, loading up the wadded toilet tissue and pouncing just as you did before, covering the spots left open. – Continue this process with your next color if you have chosen to use 3 different acrylic paints.

• Lastly, add metallic highlights by finishing off your technique and applying your metallic paint sparingly since this should be a highlight to your overall effect

• If you need to go back over some of your darker or lighter colors to cover any vacant spaces, feel free

Now just let this piece dry before you add it to your card and complete as desired. I can’t wait to see what you all create with this fun technique.

To see my samples, CLICK HERE.

To view the gallery of all of the projects using this technique, CLICK HERE.

And don’t forget to use keyword TLC225 (no spaces) when you upload your card. Have fun!

HINT FOR NEXT WEEK: If you have Cut 'n Dry pads, good - if not, you may still achieve good results with your ink pads!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!