View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #404
Seaside Rose
Mad Swapper

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53queenbee View Post
Well, I have to say I miss not being a part of the swaps. But, I feel that if I signed up once I should not have to sign up again.
You aren't signing up "again".... you're just joining one of the SCS "special" groups. Joining this group is no different than joining the Divine Secret Sister group. When things of value are being exchanged, then it makes sense that SOMEONE up the food chain should be able to contact people directly in case of a problem.

"Joining" is painless, but it assures that if there are problems down the road and a moderator needs to reach you or your hostess, she can. I'm as concerned about privacy as the next person but I feel reassured that only a mod can access my private information. And I have expereinced situations in recent swaps where that has been important because problems did arise (hostesses flaked) and the mods had trouble reaching them. In fact, I think they were never able to reach one of them.

I haven't been fortunate enough to have always had the "best" hostesses in the swaps I've signed up for. It's a major nightmare when not one but TWO of my hostesses STILL have yet to return cards (never mind hostess gifts and postage - and I made TWO sets of cards for each of those swaps). And because they had no contact information posted, it has really hampered the moderators' ability to advocate for the members of the swaps and try to get them to either swap out or return the cards.

If this were a perfect world, if every hostess were the "best", and if no one ever flaked, it wouldn't be an issue. But this is the real world and we are all human beings and not all people who host or swap take their responsibilities as seriously as you and I do.

I hope you'll look at this again and reconsider -- all they are doing is trying to make sure that if problems arise, they have the tools they need to deal with them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!