View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC222 Hinged Card {5/25/09}

Hi and happy Monday to you all, and for those of us who live in the USA, Happy Memorial Day.

The TLC for today is such a fun and easy one that I'm willing to bet that you end up making more than one of these cuties.

I guess I'm a little behind the times and don't peruse the gallery as much as I should, because these hinge cards have been showing up all over, but hadn't seen them until I was cruising blogland and ran across Wendy Weixler's blog and video tutorial for these simple and fun cards. So, if you're like me and haven't seen these Hinged Cards, I hope you will be thrilled to give them a try. You can view Wendy's tutorial by CLICKING HERE.

If you have already seen these cards, but haven't tried one yet, now is your chance. Just so that you have a reference before you go to view the tutorial, the following is a list of the different card stock pieces that you will need for this project:

1 Base - 4-1/4 X 5-1/2"
1 Bottom portion: 4-1/4" X 3-3/4" (before punching a border) If you don't plan to use a border punch this size would be 4-1/4" X 3"
1-Accent piece, if desired: 1-1/4" X 4-1/4"
Top half (the part that hinges) is 4-1/4" X 3
1 brad for the hinge

If you would like to see my Hinge Card sample, CLICK HERE.

To view the entire gallery of Hinge Cards, CLICK HERE.

And as always, when you upload your project, please add the keyword TLC222 (no spaces)

HINT FOR NEXT WEEK: Is it a bag? Is it a butterfly?

Last edited by Lynn in St. Louis; 05-25-2009 at 03:32 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!