View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #24
KathiR
Pearl-ExPert

What a fun thread!

I learned:
• Keeping card sized scraps of patterned paper by manufacturer is great for grab and go. Knowing what I've got there is even better.

• Likewise, keeping pre-cut, pre-scored, and folded cardstock in my "go to" colors is also great. Remembering where I store them, even better.

• My system of keeping my most used stuff within arm's reach really paid off.

• Do anything that needs to dry first, then move onto the next step while that piece is drying. I cut an old frame down, painted it, and let it dry while I stamped and colored the image for one challenge. I stamped, colored, cut out the image, and coated with glitter and let that dry while I assembled the rest of the card.

• Do NOT lose track of time and start a card before needing to make dinner. I did end up making the card in 45 minutes, but that 45 minutes was spread over three hours. Stamp, run down, stir. Run back up, color an image. Run down, stir. Run back up, mat images. Run back down, stir. Serve, eat, clean up dinner, finish card. Then sigh loudly.

BTW, I need to figure out a place to keep my adhesive or buy one of those huge honking things so I don't keep burying the thing under massive mayhem. I wonder if I could make a necklace and wear the darned thing -- kind of like those glasses keeper necklaces.

Thanks again. I'll most definitely will do a VSN again, though hopefully it won't be the same weekend as inlaw visits, baby showers, and other family stuff.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!