View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #158
FallnPetal
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Hi all. Well, how do I start? Nine/ten months ago I began a long journey with two others to plan and execute a fundraiser for a local non profit serving our local community. Much planning, hours in the hundreds, arguements, stress, planning, running all over the county, calls and emails......finally Saturday was the day.......A Day in the Park with LifeSteps! It was over 40 booths of non profits, commercial vendors, all things related to health and wellness....food set ups, entertainment, blood drive, animal adoptions, blood pressure checks, AA, ministries.....coloring contest, raffle for trips, health club memberships and more.

We arrived in the park at 7:30 AM...it was set from 10 - 4. Vendors began setting up including the ministry I work for, trucks, police, fire, animal therapy in place. Game booths and face painters. Looking good, everyone checked in by 9 AM, check!

10 AM....................................the sky opened up! After over nine months our big day rained for six hours!

We are still in shock! We are exhausted!

We cannot believe it is over and ended so badly!

We are trusting there is a reason!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!