View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Crafty Math Chick
Forum Fanatic

Arrow What I Have Learned from VSN

Hello Everyone!

As I mentioned in one of the threads, this was my first VSN. It is not even close to being over (yippee!) and I have already had a lot of fun.

I also learned a lot.

I thought it would be interesting hear what others of you might have learned through VSN, whether it was this VSN or a previous one, whether it is craft-related or non-craft related, and I will share what I learned as well. Here goes.

What I Learned from VSN:

(1) I can make a pretty nice card in only 45 minutes (no more excuses!)

(2) Even if I don't like the card I produce for a particular challenge, I might come up with several other ideas in the process that I can use for future cards (this happened during the MAY09VSNE food card challenge - TONS of ideas, knew I couldn't execute all of them in only 45 minutes, but I can later...)

(3) I like food WAY too much

(4) I am not organizing my scraps well. I found there were several occasions when I cut into a brand new slice of cardstock because I didn't want to waste any of my precious 45 minutes digging through my scrap envelope; this could have been prevented if I were more organized. True, when I craft without time constraints I would have the time to dig, but it showed me something in my life I can do to improve it, save time, and reduce waste (every day is Earth Day).

(5) The VSN hostesses and moderators have the energy of a case of Red Bull and the patience of Saints.

(6) You really should take the VSN hostesses advice before you play. This was my first one, I thought 'I'll get what I need out when I need it' - I would have saved more time, which could have been invested in creating more embellished cards, if I had more of the 'beyond-the-basics' items out and easily accessible. Shame on me, live and learn.

I am sure there is more I will learn as the day progresses and I am able to complete more challenges, but this is a lot of insight to have gained in a short period of time ~ 3 challenges.

Hope everyone is having fun at VSN!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!