View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #33
Duckwaddlequack
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Angie this week? I hope she isn't ill. I was looking forward to challenge number 34, even though I don't have a working camera. I really enjoy seeing all the photos y'all come up with.
My little Nikon coolpix shows a black screen in the 'shoot' mode. I think the lens is stuck. It is only 9 months old and should be fixed under warranty, but when I took it in, the man looked at a couple of scratches on the metal, and said it would only be covered under warranty if it was proved it was a manufacturers defect and the scratches showed it had been roughly used. Well, I can read the handwriting on THAT wall..........and it would cost me $40 just to send it in. So, I need to re-adjust my finances and buy a Rebel a little sooner than I had anticipated.
Sorry to hear about the camera, Ina. I actual thought mine was done for just a few hours ago as well. I took a few pics of some cards and then the lens started to sound funny going in and out. Andrew looked at it and finally it wouldn't even open and come out. He messed with it a bit and then I noticed part of it was slightly sticking up. I knew better than to push on it but I hoped against hope and did just that! It seems to have righted itself for the moment and is doing just fine. But I think I'll be joining you soon in plotting a way to get a new DSLR sooner than planned as well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!