View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC218 - Marble Technique {4/27/09}

Hi TLC'ers. Have you lost your marbles? I hope not, otherwise you won't be able to do today's technique. So grab those glass orbs and let's get rollin' (groan).

The things you will need for this technique are:

• a clamshell (otherwise know as those plastic boxes your SU! stamps come in), and if you don't have a clamshell, the top of a shoebox will work.
• Marbles (minimum of 3)
• Reinkers in two or three coordinating colors
• Cardstock - white or cream
• small glass bowl (really small if you have them)

1. Ok, get your cardstock and apply some repositionable adhesive to it and stick it to the bottom of clamshell or box top. This will help stabilize the paper when you are tilting the container to roll the marbles around. If you don't have any repositionable tape, just take some regular household tape and rub it against your pants/jeans to get some fibers on it...this will lessen the stickiness so that you will be able to remove the tape when you're done without damaging your cardstock.

2. In a small glass bowl, place your marbles and add two or three drops of first color of re-inker and swirl them around so that the ink gets all over the marbles. I normally start with the lightest shade of the colors I intend to use.

3. Place the marbles in the shell (box top) and tilt the box so that the marbles roll all around every which way on top of your cardstock. Continue tilting until you are satisfied with the look.

4. Remove the marbles, clean them off, then clean your bowl and repeat the process with the next color (s) until you have a great looking, unique background paper.

5. Complete your card or project as desired.

This technique can be used anytime you need a background paper…for cards, scrapbook pages, boxes, envelopes, etc. So, when creating your projects today, you don’t have to limit yourself to just cards if your creative mojo take you in other directions.

I look forward to seeing all of your awesomely creative projects today.

To view my sample using this technique, CLICK HERE.

To view the gallery of all projects using this technique, CLICK HERE.

And as always, remember to enter the keyword TLC218 when you upload your projects.

Hint for next week: A white opaque pen will come in handy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!