View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC217 Gesso Resist {4/20/09}

Hi Technique Lovers! I hope you're ready for another fun and unique way to spruce up your cards and scrapbook pages. Today's technique comes to us directly from SCS's resourced pages and is brought to us by Lydia Fiedler who presented her Gesso Resist Technique. While Gesso may not be something that you normally have in your craft supplies, it really in a vital addition which once you have it, you'll wonder how you did without it. I use Gesso as a preparatory application for chipboard or other alterables before adding paper or paint.

Here's some information on Gesso that I found on the web:
Gesso is an art supply used as surface preparation or primer for painting, gilding, and sculpting. Its origins are uncertain, but gesso is believed to have been developed in Italy, since the word gesso is Italian for 'chalk'. Preparation varies according to intended use, but usually consists of mixing glue with plaster, chalk, or gypsum.

If you would like to learn more about Gesso, please check out Mel McCarthy's blog post HERE

In last week's hint, I mentioned that you would need some Gesso, which can be found at any art supply store, Michael's and probably other locations, so if you have your supplies, let's get started.

To view the complete tutorial, CLICK HERE.

I would recommend using a magazine page that is heavier quality, such as those in "Martha Stewart Living" or a similar quality magazine. While you can use a thinner page from a magazine, I think you will have better results from a page with a little more "substance" to it.

If you would like to see many cards already created using this technique, CLICK HERE

To view my sample using today's technique, CLICK HERE

To be directed to the TLC217 Gallery, CLICK HERE

As always, be sure to use the keyword TLC217 (no spaces) when you upload your projects so that we can all enjoy your creativity.

HINT FOR NEXT WEEK: Don't loose your marbles because we're gonna need them for next week's technique!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!