04-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central Texas
Guidelines for Posting Events
We're happy to provide a virtual bulletin board for our Splitcoast member gatherings. Please read the guidelines below, and if you have any questions at all, then don't hesitate to contact a moderator or email email@example.com before posting.
If your SCS get together's primary purpose is to stamp with and get to know other SCS members, then this is the place to post!
Some tips/suggestions from past Splitcoast gatherings:
Moderators may remove -
- Please begin your title with the USPS state code for the state in which you gathering is being held. This is a great advantage for those trying to find gatherings in their state.
- Shoebox swaps are a great focus for an SCS gathering. Each person brings the supplies for a project for the other members to make.
- You may charge a fee to cover room rental and refreshments.
- Door prizes are fun! Have everyone bring one to cut down on expenses.
- Get involved in the community by chatting in your event thread and posting challenges for event attendees.
If you'd like to promote an event for your business, you can find out more about advertising by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We have several options for advertising and will work with you to tailor a campaign just for you.
- events where orders will be taken for products.
- events where supplies, kits, or instructions are offered for sale.
- Any Make and Takes should be supplied at cost and should not be the primary focus of the event.
- events at which the primary function is fundraising for a charity. Any charitable component should be optional.
- garage sales where organizers charge a table fee or collect a portion of sales. Any garage sale component of your event should be open to all attending members.
- anything considered a business solicitation by the moderators or administrators.
Last edited by TexasGrammy; 05-17-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Reason: updating for state codes per search advantage