View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #165
scrubbybubbles
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_v View Post
I'm a total supply snob. It's amazing what a difference high quality supplies make to your projects. It's not that the cheaper stuff doesn't work. If it's all you can afford, you can still get good results. But once you can afford to pay a little more for those supplies, I say go for it!

I'm on a pretty tight crafty budget. I hoard every penny and spend forever agonizing over my carts until I can get every little penney's worth. My husband teases me about it sometimes. I could get more stamps if I just went with the Georgia Pacific cardstock from Wal-Mart. We keep a stock of that in the house anyway. I often use it for card bases as I feel like I'm totally wasting my precious Pure Lux CS by using it that way! My "good" cardstock is for coloring. The cheap stuff is for everything else.

I just got the Vanilla in Pure Luxury base weight and I can't wait to do some coloring on it. I want to try sepia tones with brown ink for a vintage look. And Gina released the stuff in black last month, so I snagged a pack of it as well. I love Jenn's chalkboard technique with Prismacolors. Now I just need a really good white ink pad so I can try that out.

V
Sounds like you have some good stuff there as well! I'm like that too...analyzing my purchases but, I want to also know I'm getting the best deal yanno? My boyfriend is ALWAYS telling me "do your homework honey!" he's right too. I can't tell you HOW many times, if I just take the time to search a little, that I end up finding something either at a better price or more of it for less money.

Let me know what white ink pad you go with. I have 2 and they both STINK! One is Stazon opaque in cotton white...AWFUL!! and the other I just bought not too long ago and it's awful as well! it's called versamagic multi-surface chalk ink in cloud white. Looks absolutely TERRIBLE when stamped. I've ruined cards trying to use them. I'm very disappointed.
proud fan club member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!