View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #235
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Make A Wish is building a playground for Sicily in her backyard.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 8:09 PM, CDT

Evening all,

I was only able to add a few of the dozens of photos I took today to this site. Most of my pictures still have too much MB for CaringBridge, so the rest I'll just have to put on facebook. Sicily had an absolutely wonderful day! She is one happy little girl, to say the least.

Out of curiosity, I asked our Make-A-Wish representative, Tracey, a little bit of background about Sicily's grant being wished. She said that a church in Supulpa, OK decided to have a spaghetti dinner to raise money for the Foundation. It's something she said they've decided to do every few months. Sicily's playground equipment was purchased with the funds raised through that church. It is a neat feeling knowing that there is a somewhat local connection. I was really happy to hear that and plan on sending the church some pictures so they can see what their generosity has spawned!

Well, it's been a busy day, so I'm going to turn in early tonight...maybe...I always find something to do or some good show to watch that will keep me awake later than I want! ; )

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!