View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #69
djuseless
Die Cut Diva

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdas View Post
I have been following this and guess it is time to jump in and admit I am clueless about a couple of aspects of the technique. I have been using an aqua brush and watercolor pencils - am feeling a bit disappointed because the cs often "buckles" because it gets damp. Does this happen with Prismas and OMS?
one of my other questions - when using OMS - do you just dip the stump into the liquid and gently rub over the previously colored area? Sorry, I simply have not quite got this aspect figured out.
That's right Dorothy. I personally use baby oil because I get headaches from OMS. I put a small square of felt into a covered container (the cheapo ones) and put a few drops of baby oil onto the felt. Then I dab my blending stump onto the felt to pick up a little bit of baby oil and go over the area I just colored with my pencils. You should see the pencils lines disappear (unless it is a light color). You should also color your area throughly since OMS or baby oil does not spread the color like it does with watercolor pencils. When I am done coloring, I just replace the cover on the container and it is ready to use again next time. Does this make sense? I hope so.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!