View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #51
just_v
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb0 View Post
V--

Your coloring is fab!!! I have a question, though--do you color and blend with just the pencils or do you use OMS?
Thanks for the compliments girls!! I blend with baby oil. I've got a 3 year old and a 1 year old running loose. OMS is completely out of the question!

It seems from blogs and stuff I've read that OMS blends better so I did some searching online for something less toxic to my littles. I did find an OMS alternative called Zest It which is listed as non-toxic and biodegradable. The down side is that it's only available through the UK. I finally broke down and ordered a 250 ml bottle and spent more in international shipping than I did for the bottle. I HATE that! I'm really hoping it's worth it.

Even with a non-toxic labeling, I'm still going to be particularly psychotic about where my blending jar is sitting when the kids are free range. Of course, that's good practice even for my baby oil. They need to know that mama's toys are OFF LIMITS. They're pretty good with those terms already, but even so. It pays to be careful!

I'll let you all know what I think of it when it arrives.

V