View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #41
maryrose
Glitter Guru

I love my Prismas, both the markers and the pencils! They are fabulous and inexpensive, too!

I use Versafine Onyx and Sepia inks with my markers and pencils. I prefer the Strathmore Bristol Vellum cardstock that you can buy in pads at places like Michael's in the art department. It's a heavy cardstock (not vellum like see-through vellum), and it holds the colors well.

Here are my marker faves:

blues: Brittany Blue, Sky Blue Light, Muted Turquoise, cold stone, and light cerulean blue

yellows: goldenrod, jasmine, cream, tulip yellow, canary yellow

greens: light and dark olive, lime green, green tea, avocado, srping green, spearmint

reds: crimson red, tuscan red, flagstone red,

pinks: deco pink and blsuh pink, light peach

browns: I have so many! I use them all the time...especially mocha light and dark, cinnamon toast, oatmeal, sand, blondwood, sienna brown, walnut, light umber, putty

other must haves: mineral orange, terra cotta, burnt ochre, grayed lavendar, periwinkle

With the markers, I've found that the lighter colors work best, as you can do more layering and build up the colors for darker or lighter shades.

I use my prismacolor pencils with goo gone and the colorless blender stick, and it works great!