View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #38
TruCarMa
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleS71 View Post
Hi Kim,

Will the paper work with the Derwent Watercolos also? I was told at an art supply store that I should not use a blender pen with my watercolors but instead I should use a waterpen. I am having a difficult time with the waterpen and like the results of the blender pen much better. Any suggestions?
I don't like waterpens/waterbrushes AT ALL! I had an 'a ha' moment when reading a watercolor tutorial Cammie did on her blog several months ago when she said that she just used a regular paint brush and a cup of water to watercolor with since she didn't like the lack of control she felt with the water brush. It was totally one of those "Duh!" smack-my-forehead moments -- watercoloring is MUCH easier doing it the old fashioned way, IMHO.

As for the MFT paper panels and watercolors, I don't really think so. I think you'd have a lot better luck with a heavy weight (say 90 lb) hot pressed watercolor paper. They don't usually carry these in Hobby Lobby or Michael's (all of that stuff is cold pressed), but I've found large sheets of it at Art Supply stores and you can bring them home and cut them down to whatever size you want.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!