View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #224
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:27 PM, CDT

Hello all,

Sorry for not posting much lately...it's been a pretty busy household around here. Sicily and I will be off to the hospital tomorrow morning around 8:30 for a five day chemo treatment. I've been trying to pack and get organized around the house, but I seem to be waiting until the last minute and procrastinating a bit too much. Just a lot of other things going on.

I took the older three kids to a new pediatrician yesterday morning...can I just say, "Loved her!!!" I'm so glad to have found her. She came highly recommended by others in the medical field. Corinthian was very pleased with her and we all liked her "bedside manner!" The kids all needed an immunization booster shot, and Corinthian and Isabella were due a tetanus, as well...OUCH! And they are still complaining about that one. Arms are sore and we've been on a routine of Motrin. I even had to assist Isabella with her pj's as her arm hurt to raise too high. I remember how much those particular shots hurt. I'm probably past due myself for one. Yikes!

Patrick stayed home with Sicily as there was no need to expose her to the public with a treatment coming up. She will get to meet our new doc later in April when I take her in for her four-year-old check-up. Speaking of her birthday, it will be here before we know it and the Make A Wish Foundation called today and scheduled her play equipment for installation next Tuesday. She is already soooo excited, as mommy is, too. We will hopefully get to come home Monday evening if all goes well in the hospital, and she will get to watch her wish come true on Tuesday. I will be sure to video tape it and take lots of pictures. She will be one very happy little person!

I'd better get back to pack'in before I get too tired. One last thing, I accompanied Corinthian last night to his candle light induction ceremony for the National Junior Honor Society. We're so proud of him. I sat there almost in disbelief as I realized that our son is really growing up fast. Last night he's a 7th grade Jr. Honor Society member, I'm afraid I'll blink and he'll be graduating from high school. I don't want life to fly by...I want to enjoy each and every detail and experience I can. I may look back someday and actually miss Sicily and my trips to the hospital and being around some of the familiar faces we've come accustom to while there. This is a chapter of our lives...it may not be the easiest chapter to live or one in which we would want to repeat, but it is still our lives and the only one we all six will ever have.

I don't want our kids to be "scarred" by this whole experience. I have hopes they, too, as others have, will come away from this with a new appreciation of how precious life really is and that even under dire circumstances, it's up to us to make the most of it! We are responsible for our own happiness. Even cancer has no right to take it away from us!

Sicily is still a bubbly, happy, goofy little girl that I thank God everyday that He chose me to be her mom! I wish I was better at knowing or understanding what He wants me to do with all that I am learning and experiencing, but in time I'm sure I'll figure it out! Or He may have to hit me over the head with it! I hope not...I hope I'm not that ignorant! ; )

I'll report more tomorrow once we get to the hospital and get settled in. I can never say or express enough how much it means to have so many wonderful caring people walk with us, talk with us, and sometimes carry us on this journey! We can't voice enough gratitude! Everyone have a great evening!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!