View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #220
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update from Sicily's mom --

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:32 AM, CDT

Good Monday morning all,

We had a great weekend! But before I go into that, those who have been following Esther's site already know that she is truly a miracle. Her kidneys began to function again, and there is still hope she may be able to go through with the trial they flew all the way to Philadelphia to seek. All I can say is thank you all for adding her and her family to your prayers. Her battle in not over and she is definitely not out of the woods by any means, but still, "WOW!" Her missionary work on earth is not done yet!

I'm hoping Sicily and I will get to see her this Thursday when we are inpatient for chemo. I don't know if my emotions will hold up, but who cares! I've already cried a lot over Esther...I can cry some more. But this time, I think my tears will be tears of joy as I didn't think we'd ever get to see her beautiful little face again!

As for our family update, we are all doing really good. I mean, we really are. That is nothing short of a blessing as well! We had a snow storm on Saturday and all Sicily could say was, "I'm so excited...I'm so excited!" It was a very pretty sight to watch the huge white flakes cover our green trees, freshly planted strawberry plants and rose bushes! Oh well, if they are as resilient as our daughter, they will perk back up at first sunlight.

The kids, including the biggest kid in the family, Daddy, had fun playing outside. We are about the only ones left in the neighborhood with snow only because Patrick and Elias rolled the snow up like carpet into huge "snow bales" and made forts out of them. Other yards around look clean and pristine with their white covered yards...where's the fun in that? But not us...our yard looks like a tractor pull rally...total disaster. And I have pictures to prove the happiness and fun it provided!

Corinthian's only worry was that school might get canceled. There was no threat of that as the snow was very wet and mostly absorbed into the thirsty soil by last night. On Saturday afternoon, Corinthian and I had to get out and drive in the white mess to the Oklahoma Music Teachers Association audition. He was playing a piano solo to qualify him for State. He did outstanding and received a 1+, which not only allows him to go to the State competition, but he will play in a concert of other student who also received a 1+. He was very excited and proud of himself, as he should be. We even tried to call his former piano teacher in Wellington on our way home to share the news, but couldn't reach her. We will go to Oklahoma City in mid-May for the State competition.

Everyone else is doing good. Isabella is gearing up for all her "end of elementary" activities as she will be graduating from 5th grade. It's very sweet to see how excited she is about things! Elias still has all of his bones intact...for the time being. After watching him climb on top of the snow piles the past two days, I had my doubts. I just bit my lip,said a little prayer, and let him be the boy that he is.

Sicily is counting down the days now until her birthday party scheduled for April 11th when the Make A Wish Foundation grants her wish of playground equipment. She will be in heaven when it is built. I may never get her to come inside. I may be delivering her meals outside and taking her a pillow and blanket for naps. I can't wait to see the continual smile on her sweet face. She will be so happy.

Well, speaking of little miss princess, she fell asleep on the couch so I need to run around the house like a maniac and try to get something accomplished. Please continue to pray for Hollyn and Esther and all of our dear little people battling the cancer beast. Please pray that a cure will be found soon so your child, grandchild, niece, nephew, cousin, or friend doesn't have to live their childhood trying to save their childhood!

Love to you all and thanks for everything! God Bless!

Almost forgot...I love what CaringBridge has done with their recent update! I finally can add more photos, and for those who know me, know that I LOVE photos! So check out the new ones I recently added.

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!