View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #219
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2009 12:22 PM, CDT

Hello all,

I don't have a lot to report today. Yesterday I took Sicily to the clinic for a CBC but don't have any idea what her numbers are as we had a "substitute" nurse who I don't think knew how to calculate them. Sicily's hemoglobin was at 8.2, so she did not need a transfusion, luckily. Who knows when next Thursday rolls around if she will or not.

Patrick wanted me to look into seeing if he could be her blood donor if and when she needs it, but it doesn't sound like they make it very easy for him to do, so I guess we'll let go of the idea. He has been a loyal blood donor for years and years, and will continue to do so. His blood will help others and other's blood will help his daughter.

Sicily is feeling good today. She's very excited that today is Friday, not that she can keep track of the days of the week, but she does know that it means her daddy and sister and brothers will be home to play with her for a couple of days!

Corinthian will be playing in a piano competition tomorrow that could qualify him for state. I'm so proud of him for continuing his playing. This has been the only thing he's been able to do this year. He's excited about eighth grade next year and has big plans. We just received a letter from the school saying he was chosen for National Junior Honor Society. He wants to work on the yearbook staff and run track, along with maybe be active in drama. He's pretty well rounded and I pray he is able to do all that he wants to do. I think this year did take it's toll on him as we weren't able to take on too many extra things. Whatever our circumstances next year, we will just try harder for him and the other kids! We are so proud of them for everything.

Well, it's just started to storm a little here so I'd better hurry up before the electricity blinks off! Thank you all for continuing to be there for us. We still need you!

By the way, I'm very excited that CaringBridge will be making some big changes tomorrow! You'll hear from me and maybe "see" more of us when the enhancements are complete! ; )

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!