View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #215
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009 06:32 PM, CDT

Good evening,

Nothing major to report. Sicily woke up this morning saying her head hurt, but that went away shortly after she ate her chocolate chip waffle breakfast. I worry that maybe her shots kicked in and her numbers might be too high, but she has done super the rest of the day. More energy than I know how to harness! We've all been battling the allergies a little, so it could be a symptom of that, as well.

We're getting ready to give her the last shot in this round here in the next fifteen minutes. She loves to celebrate the end...as short lived as it may be! More to come after the next hospital stay. We'll check her counts again on Thursday. Then we'll be inpatient a week from Thursday...and I'm not dreading it! Aren't you proud of me? It's still far enough away, but I'm working hard on the attitude change!

I have to share a quick little story about Corinthian. I love it when God throws instances like this in my life...so I can honestly laugh myself to tears, instead of always shedding tears of sorrow. Yesterday, in one of Corinthian's 7th grade classes (which will remain a secret), he sits in front of a girl who he "kindly" refers to as an "airhead." Apparently, everything she does makes him laugh.

Yesterday, she must have been on a roll as it was suggested by someone that she needed to write Corinthian's parents an apology letter for him losing so many brain cells on her account. Guess what? Corinthian hand delivered such a letter. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. Here is the letter, in it's exact form:

"Chrolins parents, I am very sorry that your child is losing Brain cells because of me. He sits in front of me in ? hour. and loses brain cells and go weak. I hope that he will succeed in life. Truly sorry..." I told Corinthian if he doesn't get a scholarship in five years, I'm going to call this young lady and ask her where her share of the tuition is. Corinthian wanted me to write that in a letter, but I thought better of it...how would I explain that to a teacher or parent? It was all in the name of fun.

Patrick and I tease Corinthian that this girl must have a crush on him for all the things she does. He denies it and remarks that she "truly is an airhead!" Out of the mouths of babes! Or at least thirteen year old boys! He said they just have a lot of fun joking back and forth. It's times like these that I am so thankful for...Sicily's life circumstances aren't affecting our other kids too much on a daily basis. They are able to be kids and laugh and have fun. That is such a blessing and I am very aware of that!

Well, the timer is going off...GCSF shot time! "Sicily..."

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!