View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #213
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2009 12:46 PM, CDT

Hello,

We just returned from the oncology clinic. Sicily's counts are around 1500. They still want us to continue her last two Neupogen shots because they'd like her to be a little higher. Her hemoglobin was marginal, so there might be a chance on Thursday when we go back in for another count check that Sicily may need a transfusion. We'll just wait and see.

Sicily was sleeping in this morning and I was overjoyed at the idea of her doing so. I made the mistake of forgetting to get Elias a pair of socks, so he went back into his room, where Sicily was asleep in Corinthian's bed, to get himself a pair. I wasn't aware he had done that until I heard some yelling from Sicily and Elias came down the stairs a little upset saying, "All I did was kiss her on the forehead."

My first reaction was to get a little upset with him, but I immediately stopped myself and thought...he just kissed his sleeping little sister on her bald little forehead...how many times have I passed by her when she's been asleep and wanted to do that myself? How sweet was that of him? I told him that he is a very caring big brother, but next time maybe he could blow her a kiss instead. He agreed. He's not aware that it's better to sometimes "let sleeping dogs lie," when it comes to Sicily and sleep! In other words, she is not the most cheerful morning person! Waking her up, by accident or not, can stir up a little drama! That's why mommy gets excited when she actually sleeps in on those rare occasions!

I think she's tired as she is laying on the couch right now with her eyes closed. I'm going to attempt to tip-toe by her to work on laundry in the other room. And I promise not to kiss her on the forehead...as tempting as it may be! I'll practice what I preach and blow a kiss! ; )

Everyone have a good Monday!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!