View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #212
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SUNDAY, MARCH 22, 2009 12:41 PM, CDT

Good Sunday afternoon,

And what a beautiful spring afternoon it is. It's a comfortable seventy degrees and Patrick and the kids have been able to do a few little projects outside. I think they are planning on planting some strawberry plants as that is one of our favorite fresh fruits in the summertime. We've had a strawberry garden in about every house we've ever lived in (about four)...kind of a tradition with us. Everyone enjoys looking after it and picking those beautiful red heart shaped pieces of fruit!

I'm trying to stay inside even though I'd love to be outdoors. My good luck ran out as I am now battling some respiratory ailments. Nothing too bad, thankfully. More of just a nuisance and inconvenience!

Sicily is doing good...loving the weather and the ability to be outside...her very favorite place to be! She has a bit of a purple upper lip as a result of a sports injury last night at the hands of Elias. Patrick, Elias and Sicily were playing a little ball in the front yard when Elias tried to throw the hollow plastic ball back to dad and instead it ended up kissing Sicily smack dab in the mouth. It swelled a little but looks okay today. Elias felt really bad, but we just reminded him that we need to be a little more cautious in those circumstances when Sicily is involved. He usually wears his heart on his sleeve and feels bad when people are hurting.

On Friday, he leaned over my shoulder when I was reading Esther's CB site and he asked me some questions about her. When I explained her situation, he turned around and left the room. About ten minutes later, he came down the stairs with a red face and sad eyes. I asked him if he was sad because of Esther, and he said yes, and began to cry. I sat him down and told him that we were all sad and wished there was something we could do. But I also explained how mature and strong Esther is and that she knows she may be leaving soon and going to heaven to be with Jesus. Elias perked up a bit and asked, "and Grandpa, too?" Caught by surprise, I responded, "Yes, I bet she may get to meet your grandpa Zeka, as well, and together they can watch out for all the people they care for!"

Elias' Grandpa Zeka passed away right before he turned four years old and he took it very hard. I think telling him that Esther will be in heaven with Grandpa made him feel a little bit better. But through out the day on Friday, I would catch him deep in thought and he would make comments like, "I sure wish that little girl didn't have to die!" I said, "Me too, but I know that she is happy that she will be with Jesus soon!" He laid down on the couch for awhile and I gave him the little pink "Esther" monkey to hold and told him about how Esther gave that little monkey to Sicily and it will help us to always remember her and how special she was...and still is. His ability to grasp such a mature matter as this really tugs at my heart strings and I wish I could help him not to "feel" so much, but that is just who that little guy is! What a little sweetheart!

Spring break is coming to a close for us, but it was a very good and much needed break and we enjoyed every bit of it. I think the kids are ready for summer to get here with all the freedom that was felt this past week! It will be here before we know it!

Sicily has an appointment at the clinic tomorrow morning around 10:45 to check her counts. I'd be surprised if her numbers are low as she sure has a lot of energy and spunk...but when does this girl not have energy and spunk? ; ) A true gift from God!

Everyone enjoy your Sunday and please keep praying for our friends, Esther and Hollyn, as well as all the children and their families that are on this cancer journey!

Kerry

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!