View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #209
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2009 09:16 AM, CDT

Hello all,

Sorry for not sending an update yesterday. We were busy and it was a good busy. Sicily loved having family here and the time just went too fast!

Sicily's appointment went very well and her numbers are around 1000. Not sure if they are on the way back up or on the way down...no way to really tell. We will need to continue her shots over the weekend and we have another appointment on Monday to check her counts again.

Yesterday was her last dose of Vincristine so now we will just have the inpatient stays every three weeks for chemo. We'll still go in to the clinic at least once a week for a CBC, but the thought that the chemo is starting to dwindle is good, most of the time. The thought of chemo being done still scares me. At least while she's on chemo, there is a sense of security...like we have a safety net. When the chemo stops, I think a lot of my worries will come to a head. I will look at Sicily and wonder, could something still be there? Is something abnormal growing again. I will not let it consume me, but I know it won't ever be far from my mind.

I slept horrible last night. For those of you who have been following our little friend Esther, you know that they received devastating news. Once in Pennsylvania, it was determined that Esther was full of tumor and they decided to send her home to be with family as there is nothing left to do. Patrick and I are both hurting right now. We were only around her for a brief time, but she is something really special.

When Patrick was staying with Sicily last Saturday, Esther and her mom came into Sicily's room and Esther gave Sicily a cute little pink stuffed monkey. I put that little monkey on a shelf in the living room last night as Patrick and I sat and talked about Esther before bed. This really hit close to home for us. It's one thing to be sad about a child I follow on the internet via their carepage, but to have actually met and cared about one in person...it's hard.

I HATE cancer...I can't say that enough! By the way, our little monkey friend has been named Esther and she will forever have a place in our home as Esther will forever have a place in our hearts. I'm praying right now that Esther not be in unbearable pain, and that she can be surrounded by all the people she loves and who love her dearly! Thank you all who joined in on the prayer requests! I know God heard us, but He just wants her to come home to Him! Her work on earth is almost done. Love you all and thanks, again, for all you do for us!

Kerry

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!