View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #2270
EleeK
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
I in no way believe that this is 100% over since at any time this guy could come back...
And he did! Sunday he broke it off since she wanted to obey God and listen to us. Monday night and Tuesday morning she had 5 facebook messages in her inbox from the guy. Amazing really to see to what ends a grown man will go to get his way. He insinuated/stated that the devil was using us, the pastor, and the Scripture to keep them apart.

DD has told him to steer clear of us for now and give us some space/time. I would really like to hear her tell him to steer clear of her as well but for now this will do. At least she does not want to go against our wishes! Somewhere in her heart I believe there lurks a lover of underdogs [and a reticence to hurting him]. That said, as long as he stays away, I do not plan on making him into someone needing defense!

I had a very wise godly woman tell me that it is not a surprise that DD is being tested. She said, "As a single woman, if you haven't been tested to see if you will choose Jesus as your heart's first and last One and Only, you aren't prepared to be the kind of wife a truly godly man needs. When you pass that test, you're content if the Lord brings a mate, and content if He doesn't." Those words brought peace to me somehow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!