View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #206
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 2009 02:02 PM, CDT

Good Sunday afternoon,

Just a quick little update. Sicily and Patrick made it home last night, or rather early this morning about 12:30 am. She was so happy to be home. We had her lay in a little cot in our bedroom as she still needed to be under a watchful eye. We needed to get her up to use the bathroom and drink some water sometime during the night. My maternal alarm clock went off at exactly 4:00am and I woke Sicily up and she complied completely. When I tucked her back in, she said, "Love you mommy, love you daddy!" Even though we didn't sleep great, it was still so good to have her home again.

We are officially at the half way point. We can see the light at the end of this treatment tunnel. It feels good to have half of this under our belt and to have Sicily doing so well.

It's 55 degrees outside and a bit on the cloudy side, but she is outside playing like a little girl should. And she's very happy! She can't wait for family to come visit us tomorrow! I was talking to my sister-in-law, Valerie, last night on the phone and told her I'm going to try harder to not look at the hospital stays as a negative thing. Besides, like I've said before, there are many positives to it (no cooking, no laundry and such) and I must focus on those things and enjoy it for what it is...precious time spent with Sicily!

Speaking of which, better go see what she and the others are up to! I put up a Christmas tree in the upstairs family room yesterday and we are going to decorate it as an "Easter tree!" The kids are excited and I've come to the conclusion that life is too short to worry about what other people think in instances like these...and yes, Patrick just nods and goes with the flow! ; )

Everyone have a blessed Sunday...we sure will! Thanks be to God!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!