View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #205
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2009 01:44 PM, CDT

Good Saturday afternoon,

Not a lot to report. Patrick is on daddy duty at the hospital with Sicily and they just called to say they are getting ready to take a little nap. They were given the option of getting to come home today...at midnight. I told Patrick I'd take that and at least get to spend half the night in your own bed. They'll just wait and see how it goes.

He reports that she is doing pretty good, although is cranky. She still wants to walk the halls non-stop, and when Patrick does get her to go back to the room for a bit (so he can at least take a quick shower) she'll stand at the door and just look out into the hallway.

Yesterday was nice to have some nursing students around to observe. They are a lot of help as the nurses and techs assigned are usually very busy and running from patient to patient and don't have a lot of extra time to do much else. The nurses director, with whom I spoke to for awhile yesterday, asked if she could assign another student to be with us when we return in a few weeks. I said, "Are you kidding?" She can assign us a whole class! That way they can all take turns wearing paths down the hallways! Even though Sicily may not say much to them, I know that she enjoys the attention and the break from mommy!

The hospital has a great group of people working with us. When you are there so often, you really become fond of some of the nurses and techs and it makes it easier for me each time as I feel like they know us. And I've also come to the realization that I should actually look forward to Sicily's hospital stays...I get to be around other adults who I can at least smile at or make eye contact with (totally lacking during the day at home!). I don't worry about laundry or cooking while there, and I get to brush up on my word find skills!

We really like the team of doctors as well. They are never in a rush and tend to listen to any concerns or questions we might have. All in all, I think our decision to stay local for treatment was a really good one. We are still under the care of Dr. Meyer in OKC, as well. So we have a lot of watchful eyes monitoring Sicily and her progress.

The other three kiddos are doing well and have actually ventured outside to play for awhile. I'm trying to figure out what room in the house to tackle first...since that is such a tough decision, I ended up in the office on the computer instead. Oh well, better at least pretend to be productive! ; )

Sicily's Make-A-Wish is being finalized...she should have playground equipment in the backyard in time for her fourth birthday. Elias is as about as excited as anyone. He keeps saying, "I can't wait for Sicily to get her wish!" Mommy can't wait either. She will be able to play for hours and hours and just enjoy being a kid!

Thank you all for answering the call for prayers for our little friend Esther. If you could see her in person, your heart would just melt. She is so precious! I'm praying she gets kicked out of this hospital in time for Tuesday so she can be "Leaving On A Jet Plane" for Pennsylvania. Keep those prayers rolling for Esther, Hollyn and all the children and their families battling right now. Love to you all!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!